This is Powertrain Strategic Development
The Strategic Development organization has the full responsibility to plan and secure execution of advanced engineering as well as to pilot main strategic technology plans within Powertrain Engineering. This includes creating new innovations to challenge our existing products and solutions in the ambition of exceeding our customers’ expectations.
We are a global department of around 90 passionate engineers committed to improving our products for customers and society. We take on exciting challenges within a positive and constructive atmosphere where team cooperation, different perspectives and doing your best are highly valued.
In System Simulation group, you will be responsible to plan, execute and lead activities related to modeling, simulation and analysis for new technologies and new propulsion concepts implemented into different vehicle architectures (Conventional, HEV, PHEV, FEV …) using a Matlab/Simulink model based environment.
You will also actively participate to specify and develop methods & tools related to system simulation that will be used into different advanced engineering and start cost product projects.
- Lead & carry over vehicle and propulsion system calculation, simulation and optimization to support early concept investigation and technology development. It includes the optimization of vehicle & propulsion features like energy efficiency, performance, emission …
- Lead & develop system models & concepts including high level control strategies
- Lead & develop activities in relation with new system simulation methodologies and tools
- Being actively involved in the System Simulation network
- PhD or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electronical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in the automotive industry and research environment
- Very good knowledge of vehicle & powertrain technologies including hybrids
- Good skills in control systems linked to vehicle motion
- Good experience in developing models in matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of Systems Engineering
- Good abilities to analyse and optimize energy efficiency and vehicle performance
- Strong own drive to research and to develop new technology with focus on customer needs
- Motivate, open mind-set, ability to take initiatives
- Visionary but still pragmatic and business focused mind-set
- Ability to work in group as well as with people from other culture
- Fluent in English
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25079&siteid=5171&AReq=86325BR&codes=Volvo#jobDetails=659305_5171 →