Website Johnson Matthey
Inspring Science, IEnhancing life
Vacancy: Engine Testing Engineer
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group’s sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join the Engine Test Department in our world-class Technology Centre in Royston. The key activity of the Department is running tests on automotive engines to help develop emission control technology. The equipment is absolutely state of the art, with recent major investments in new test cells and analysis equipment. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a leading company in automotive emission control.
- You will carry out engine testing to support the development of catalysts in order to comply with customer and legislative requirements, whilst ensuring that Quality Standards, EHS and Sustainability are considered at all times.
- You will analyse data from the tests and ensure high quality information is derived from the testing.
- You will carry out modifications in equipment and processes, which will allow the continual improvement in the work we do.
- You will work with a range of software packages and advanced analytical equipment to develop advanced testing programmes.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- A Mechanical, Automotive or Chemical Engineering degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience and expertise in an automotive, testing, or similar engineering environment.
- A good technical knowledge of relevant engineering concepts along with a good practical mechanical aptitude.
- An analytical approach and the ability to interpret technical data are essential, along with basic technical report writing skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability communicate with people of all levels.
- Excellent ability to prioritise your workload and work to tight deadlines
- A good understanding of basic industrial automation and the ability to learn and use a range of software
Closing date: 10 July 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=JOHNSONMATTHEY&cws=1&rid=5748 →