Work on a highly intelligent, lightweight and motivated team to achieve our goal of revolutionizing the combustion engine with Freevalve technology. As a design engineer developing the valvetrain and fluid dynamic systems, you will help advance a mass-market pneumatic spring solution and address dynamic fluid behaviors in the Freevalve system.
- Design, build and thoroughly test pneumatic spring and hydraulic damping solutions to satisfy a wide array of requirements.
- Work with customer requirements to define durability, performance and cost targets and design test programs to verify
- Specify and build test setups to perform testing while maintaining strong data management and documentation practices
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or similar)
- 3+ years experience in pneumatic/hydraulic system design (including seal design)
- Fluent in major CAD software (Catia V5, V6, Solidworks, etc)
- Strong knowledge of metal alloys and characteristics, manufacturing techniques and treatment processes
- Strong knowledge of fluid dynamics and vibrations
- Basic knowledge of internal combustion engines and valvetrains
- Thrive with large degrees of freedom, responsibility and accountability
- Strong initiative towards organization and documentation
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in pneumatic/hydraulic system design (emphasis on seal design)
- Intermediate knowledge of valvetrain design and parameters
- 1-3 years of experience in small (<10), focused technical team
- Expert knowledge in sealing concepts, materials and latest technologies
We currently have 13 employees with their eyes set on writing the future of transportation. Passion and will to surpass existing standards is our most valuable characteristic, and we expect you to have that as well. This job grants a large amount of freedom and responsibility, and at times that will mean long hours and pressure to achieve results. However, it also means that your name will be hand-scribed into the ground-breaking innovation that this company will achieve.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com